15th Mar, 2016
- About 15-30 % of guys claim to have suffered from premature ejaculation, but the exact incidence of true P.E is way lower.
- Premature ejaculation (P.E) is the commonest male sexual problem, affects men of all ages but more common in young men.
- There are two types of P.E:
- Lifelong P.E: If from the first sexual experience(s), a guy has never had control of his ejaculation, he may be said to be suffering from a lifelong P.E.
- Acquired P.E: If following a period of normal control/ functioning, a man develops difficulty controlling his ejaculation, he is said to be suffering from acquired P.E.
4. The exact cause of P.E is not known.
5. Serotonin (a neurotransmitter in the brain) is responsible for ejaculation and disruption in its level or signal pathway may affect ejaculation.
6. P.E could be caused by psychological factors such as:
- emotional & mental stress,
- Overexcitement or too much stimulation.
- A new relationship.
- Sexual immaturity.
7.Still psychological but early sexual experience/patterns in a guy may become somewhat regular later on in life. Early sexual situations such as a guy rushing to climax to avoid being seen/exposed commonly while masturbating.
8.Some cases of P.E can be caused by an oversensitive glans penis(head of the penis).
9. P.E could also caused by :
- Excessive alcohol intake.
- Tobacco & marijuana consumption.
- Cocaine & other illicit drugs, etc.
10. P.E could be caused by medical conditions such as;
- Thyroid gland problems.
- Prostate disease.
- Multiple sclerosis.
11.Men with erectile dysfunction may overtime practice a pattern of ejaculating early.
Watch out for more causes, complications and treatment of P.E. in Premature Ejaculation 2.0
Image credit: Internet