Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE.
" By using this site, you signify your assent to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to all of these Terms and Conditions of use, do not use this site! Hidoctor may revise and update these Terms and Conditions at any time. Your continued usage of www.hidoctor.com.ng will mean you accept those changes. "
- Aquiline Health Consults Limited: is the company that runs Hidoctor and may be used interchangeably with “Hidoctor”, “We”, “us”, or “our”.
• Tele health Services: any form of medical consultation, counselling/advice, intervention given via technological means (texting, audio, video and others). May be interchangeably used with “services”, “healthcare services”.
• Users: may be interchangeably used with “you”, “clients”, “members”, “visitors”.
• Treating Providers: referring to doctors that offer services on our site. May be replaced by “healthcare Professionals”.
• Account/Account Information: Account refers to your personal information used in setting up your user’s profile. Account information refers to your name, age, email address, password, phone number, home address and other information collected while setting up your account.
• We offer online services in form of video, audio, text chat enabling our users to state their health history and interact with healthcare professionals to obtain medical and healthcare services. Also, we provide health articles for public consumption. By using this site, you signify your consent to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to all of these Terms and Conditions of use, do not use this site!
• All of the healthcare professionals who convey Services through Hidoctor.com.ng are independent professionals exclusively responsible for the services each provides to you. Hidoctor does not practice medicine or any other licensed profession, and does not interfere with the practice of medicine or any other licensed profession by Treating Providers, each of whom is responsible for his or her services and agreement with the requirements applicable to his or her profession and license. Neither Hidoctor nor any third parties who promote the Services or provide you with a link to the Service shall be liable for any professional advice you obtain from a Treating Provider via the Services.
• None of the Site content (other than information/advice you receive from Treating Providers) should be considered medical advice or an endorsement, representation or warranty that any particular medication or treatment is safe, appropriate, or effective for users.
iii. Informed Consent.
- Telehealth is the delivery of health care services using interactive technology such as texting, audio and video technology, where the patient and the health care professional are not in the same physical location. During your telehealth consultation with a Treating Provider, details of your medical or health history and personal health information may be discussed with you through the use of interactive video, audio, text and other telecommunications technology, and your healthcare professional may perform a physical examination through these technologies. Depending on your medical or health history and/or specific complaint, you may be asked to provide information through biometric devices such as blood pressure cuffs, glucometer or digital thermometers. As a registered and subscribed member, You may also be asked for proof of identity with a legal document such as your driver’s license.
• The Services you receive from Treating Providers are not proposed to replace a primary care physician relationship or be your permanent medical home. You should seek emergency support or follow-up care when mentioned by a Treating Provider or when otherwise needed, and continue to consult with your primary care physician and other healthcare professionals as recommended. Hidoctor may make arrangements for follow up care either through Hidoctor, a health systems partner or other healthcare providers. You will have direct access to customer support services to follow up on medication reactions, side effects or other adverse events. Among the benefits of our Services are upgraded access to healthcare professionals and convenience. However, as with any medical or health service, there are potential hazards associated with the use of telehealth. These risks include, but may not be limited to:
Occasionally, information transmitted may not be satisfactory (e.g. poor resolution of pictures) to allow for apt medical or health care decision making by the Treating Provider;
Delays in evaluation or treatment could occur due to failures of the electronic equipment;
Although the electronic systems we use will integrate network and software security protocols to protect the privacy and security of health information, in rare cases, security protocols could fail, causing a breach of privacy of personal health information
You understand that you may expect the anticipated benefits from the use of telehealth in your care, but that no results can be assured or guaranteed.
You understand that the laws that protect the privacy and security of health information apply to telehealth, and have received Hidoctor’s Notice of Privacy Practices, which describes these protections in more detail.
Hidoctor is required to conform to the Nigerian health care privacy and security laws and maintain safeguards to protect the security of your health information. We dedicate considerable effort toward ensuring that your personal information is secure with us.
Hidoctor cannot ensure the security or confidentiality of messages sent by email.
- User Account
When you register on the Site, you are required to create an account by entering your name, phone number, email address, password and certain other information collected by Hidoctor.
To create an Account, you must be of legal age to form a binding contract. If you are not of legal age to form a binding contract, you may not register to use our Services. You agree that the Account Information that you provide to us at all times, including during registration and in any information you upload to the Site will be true, accurate, up-to-date, and complete. You may not transfer or share your Account password with anyone, or create more than one Account (with the exemption of subaccounts created for children of whom you are the legal guardian or parent). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account password and for all activities that occur under your Account. Hidoctor reserves the right to take any and all action, as it deems necessary or reasonable, regarding the security of the Site and your Account Information. In no event and under no circumstances shall Hidoctor be held liable to you for any liabilities or damages resulting from or arising out of your use of the Site, your use of the Account Information or your release of the Account Information to a third party. You may not use anyone else’s account at any time.
- Use of the Services by Children
vii. Access Rights
a) Use the Site or Services to violate any local, state, national or international law;
b) Impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
c) Decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or translate any software or other components of the Site or Services;
d) Distribute viruses or other harmful computer code through the Site or
e) Otherwise use the Services or Site in any manner that exceeds the scope of use granted above.
In addition, you agree to abstain from abusive language when communicating with Treating Providers through the Site and to refrain from contacting Treating Providers for telehealth services outside www.hidoctor.com.ng. Hidoctor is not responsible or liable for any dealings with Treating Providers that are not conducted through the Site. We strongly recommend that you do not use the Services on public computers or cyber cafes. We also recommend that you do not store your Account password through your web browser or other software.
viii. Website Links
HIDOCTOR WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INFORMATION, LINKS, OR SOFTWARES FOUND AT ANY OTHER INTERNET LOCATION, SOURCE OF INFORMATION, OR WEBSITE, NOR FOR YOUR USE OF SUCH LINKS, SOFTWARE OR INFORMATION, NOR FOR THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY SUCH WEBSITES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OPERATORS.
Certain of the names, logos, and other materials exhibited on the Site or in the Services may constitute trademarks, service marks, trade names or logos (“Marks”) of Hidoctor or other bodies. You are not authorized to use any such Marks without the express written permission of Aquiline Health Consults LTD. Ownership of all such Marks and the goodwill associated therewith remains with Hidoctor or those other entities.
You may deactivate your Account and end your registration at any time, for any reason by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hidoctor may suspend or terminate your use of the Site, your Account and/or registration for any reason at any time. Subject to applicable law, Hidoctor reserves the right to maintain, delete or destroy all communications and materials posted or uploaded to the Site pursuant to its internal record retention and/or content destruction policies. After such termination, Hidoctor will have no additional obligation to provide the Services, except to the extent we are obligated to provide you access to your health records or Treating Providers are obliged to provide you with continuing care under their applicable legal, ethical and professional obligations to you.
xii. Right to modify
xiii. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. BOTH THE SITE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. HiDoctor EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, OPERABILITY, CONDITION, QUIET ENJOYMENT, VALUE, ACCURACY OF DATA AND SYSTEM INTEGRATION.
You acknowledge and agree that HiDoctor does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and is strictly a technology platform and infrastructure for connecting patients with independent third party Treating Providers, including physicians and other Treating Providers in the HiDoctor network. You acknowledges and agree that the Treating Providers using the Site are solely responsible for and will have complete authority, responsibility, supervision, and control over the provision of all medical services, advice, instructions, treatment decisions, and other professional health care services performed, and that all diagnoses, treatments, procedures, and other professional health care services will be provided and performed exclusively by or under the supervision of Treating Providers, in their sole discretion, as they deem appropriate.
xiv. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL HIDOCTOR OR ITS DIRECTORS, SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF REVENUES, PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING STRICT LIABILITY AND NEGLIGENCE), WARRANTY, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE. TO THE EXTENT THAT WE MAY NOT, AS A MATTER OF APPLICABLE LAW, DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR LIMIT ITS LIABILITIES, THE SCOPE AND DURATION OF SUCH WARRANTY AND THE EXTENT OF OUR LIABILITY WILL BE THE MINIMUM PERMITTED UNDER SUCH APPLICABLE LAW.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless your Treating Provider(s) from and against any third party Claims ensuing from your lack of adherence with the advice or recommendation(s) of such Treating Provider.
Also, You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Hidoctor, it’s directors, subsidiaries, officers, affiliates, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers, harmless from and against any claim, demands, actions, liabilities and settlements, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees (“Claims”), resulting from, or alleged to result from, your violation of these terms and conditions.
xvi. Geographical Restrictions
HiDoctor makes no representation that all products, services and/or material described on the Site, or the Services available through the Site, are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the Federal Republic of Nigeria or all territories within the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
1) By SMS, using the phone number you provided to Hidoctor while registering;
2) By e-mail, using the email address that you provided to us during registration or
3) By posting the Communications on the Site.
The delivery of any Communications from Hidoctor is effective when sent by us, regardless of whether you read the Communication when you receive it or whether you actually receive the delivery of such communication. You can withdraw your consent to receive Communications by email/SMS by canceling or discontinuing your use of the Service.